Unit-03: Professions and Jobs
1. Write a paragraph about yours teaching life.
Teachers are responsible for planning and then evaluating student performance. Every child needs a Champion; someone who believes in them and encourage them. I am a teacher at Satgoan primary School since 2016.Include me there are 5 Assistant teachers working in the school and this year we have got four hundred students. I live 5 kilometers away from school and the road attach with my school is muddy so I have to walk to go to school. I have home at around 8 a.m. and it is usually takes me about an hour to get there. when I go there I unlock the classrooms and the office and then I hoist the national flag. After that, I start preparing everything I need for my class and at 9:30 I ring the bell to start the school day. My fast lesson is with class 5 students. I give them extra math and English lessons. In the second shift I teach English to class 4 and science to class 3. In my lessons I use a lot of group work and pair work. I usually get home at about 6. I have a snack and then I cook dinner for my family. I take dinner at about 9 p.m. After that I prepare my next day’s class activities. I go to bed at about 11 p.m. and get up before 5 a.m. and say my morning prayer. I think I have a very busy life.
2. “Teaching is a noble profession do you agree? Give your constrictive opinion.
“Teaching as a noble profession “when I think about it I feel that all professions are Noble and all should ethical. But teaching is an important job and teachers play an important role in any Society. I have an understanding of the word Noble. In my mind, Noble means something to be proud of, a means of willingly giving something of yourself to others, a positive achievement in his life. Teachers are selfless, always ready to go to any extent to help their students. It gives a great feel of self-satisfaction to a teacher when they see their students achieve in life. It is one kind of voluntary service; the beneficiary will definitely value it. The reward for the service is the happiness and satisfaction you get. In my opinion, teaching is and should be a Nobel profession but nobility lies in deriving our delight for having satisfyingly shared with others what we know and is being recognized by our teaching. I couldn’t resist a great sense of pride-in being a teacher on occasions when’ unfamiliar’ faces greeted me in public disclosing that I was their own seats (in buses), when they volunteered to help me at hospitals. But in today’s world, the word Noble is misused. From a time when teachers used to teach to help their students without any expectation, now teachers and demanded to do it with no extra benefits. For building a good humanitarian Society teacher should be treated well and only those who have good qualities should become teachers.
3. As a teacher why a daily routine is important for you?
There is saying in English “A stitch in time saves nine.” that means a little timely care can save us to be massy. A routine life means a punctual life. Punctuality is the habit of doing things at the right time. The person who always does his duty in the time can lead a care free life.
Why a daily routine is important:
- However, a teacher’s life is very busy life. S/he should have done his/her daily activities in timely so that every activity should done by selected times.
- Routines don’t just make our life easier, they save valuable work time. As a teacher I don’t get much time for my own. So I make a routine of my daily activities.
- It saves our valuable time.
- It helps me to do my duties on due time and properly.
- If a teacher follows his/her daily routine, it may help to complete the syllabus.
- It’s very important for teacher to effective teaching.
- It helps a teacher to become an ideal person.
- It reduces mental and physical stress.
4. Mrs. Maimuna is a nurse. she works in a hospital and you know her well. Now mention four activities that she does every day.
Mrs. Maimane is a nurse. I know her when my father was admitted the hospital where she works. I was so curious about her profession so I asked her why she choose nursing as a career. she told me that when she was a child she had spent quite a long time in hospital, as a patient. In that time, she noticed that the nurses were so kind and she felt much more relaxed to have them in her side. So she also chooses the profession as a career.
I noticed her every activity she does as a nurse in her work time. Like as:
1. She observe and record patient behaviour.
2. She perform physical exam and diagnostic
3. She administering medications, wound, care and other treatment options.
4. She counseling patients and their families. Mrs. Maimuna is so kind and amiable person thus I like her much.
5. “Nursing is a noble professional”. Provide your opinion in favor or opposition.
“Nursing is a noble professional” of course I agree with this statement because:
- A nurse always keeps observe and record his/her patient.
- They perform physical exam and diagnostic.
- Nursing profession is interesting and challenge-able those to undertake the job of nursing are known as nurse.
- They serve those who suffers by looking after the sick and the wounded person.
- A nurse performs one of the most important and essential service for humanity.
- When a sick or wounded person comes to a hospital nurse look after carefully, the nurse spends a long term with patient.
- It’s a great work they can reach human heart with their service.
6. Write a short paragraph about Helen Keller’s.
Helen Keller a name which related to change thousands of people’s lives for the better. she was an American educator, advocate for the blind and deaf and co-founder of the ACLU. Helen was born in Normal healthy child in Alabama USA in 1880. As the result of an illness at the age of 2 she was left blind and deaf.
As Keller grew into childhood, she developed a limited method of communication with her friends. When she just 7 along with her two friends they had invented more than 60 signs to communicate with each other. During this time Keller had also become very wild and unruly. So her parents hired a teacher named Anne Sulvian. She taught her how to communicate using her hands. Helen began speech classes at the Horace Mann school for the Deaf in Boston, in my 1890. She would toil for 25 years to learn to speak so that others could understand her. Keller had Masters several methods of communication, including touch Lip reading, Braille, speech, typing and finger spelling.
She learnt not only English but also French, German and Latin. In 1905 she wrote her first book,” The Story of My Life”. She Wrote 11 books and visited 39 different countries. Keller died in her sleep on June 1, 1968. During her remarkable life, Keller stood as a powerful example of how determination, hard work and imagination can allow an individual to victory over adversity. By overcoming difficult conditions, she grew into a respected and world famous activist who labored for the betterment of others.
7. How is the rule woman changing in context to Bangladeshi culture?
Bangladesh has made progress in leaps and Bounds in closing the gender gap in the last 10 years, according to the world economic forums Global Gender Gap report 2017. Bangladesh has been a role model in women’s empowerment in the past decade and the country is experiencing an appreciable change in society because of its efforts in this regard. Half of the population has increased significantly. In fact, national and international policy strategies have also been reflected in the policy to ensure woman advancement so that they have control over their lives and play an important role in society as decision makers. The number of working woman increased to 18.6 billion in 2016 -17 from 16.2 million in 2010. Bangladesh secured the 47th position amount 144 countries. woman’s advancement through access to education, health, l labour market, employment and social protection have been prioritized in budget.
8. What problems do farmers face with the weather in Bangladesh?
Bangladesh has sub-tropical monsoon climate with annual heavy rainfall. Fortunately, there are six seasons in Bangladesh. In summer it brings the natural disaster including Cyclones and tornadoes. It prevails hot and muggy weather. Not only in summer the regular and severe natural hazards already better the country to the year long. Like tropical Cyclones, River erosion, Flood, landslides and drought are hazards Bangladesh every year. It is proved that weather in Bangladesh set a devastating impact on an agriculture which is a key economic driver in Bangladesh. For agriculture some bad signs are monsoon irregular, ultimately rainfall, heavy rainfall over short period Causing water logging and landslides very little rainfall in dry period increased River flow and inundation during Monsoon, regular flood/ frequent floods, too hot too cold weather. as a result, agricultural sector faces a huge lose due to crop damage.in fisheries sector has also face the loss because of disasters.
9. What is self-employment?
self-employment is owning your own business alone or in partnership with others or with members of your family .in other hand it can be said, self- employment means to create a job or earning an opportunity for oneself by owner effort. it’s a state of working for oneself rather than an employer. it is the alternative to wage employment. Unemployment is it curse. In this situation, self-employment is the only solution which can save us from this curse. Agricultural farming, poultry raising, fish cultivation, nursing, livestock rearing, online business, running a local shop are some examples of self- employment.